Pin it

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sarah Urdzik, 2012 NC Scholarship for Life Recipient

Sarah Urdzik
Sarah Urdzik, a junior at UNC-CH, is the recipient of the 2012 NC Scholarship for Life. The scholarship goes to pay the tuition to attend the NRL Academy this summer in DC.  

According to Sarah: "I have always been pro-life as far as I can remember; in school, I would always give witness to and defend life in discussions, both inside and outside of the classroom. I was also active in my church’s youth group, and through it starting participating in the March for Life my junior year of high school."

Sarah is currently very involved with the Student for Life group at UNC-CH and will assume the responsibility of being their President for the 2012-2013.  She stated, "It is my hope that by attending the NRL Academy this summer, I can learn better techniques of how to interact with a college environment that is incredibly hostile to the culture of life, and ways in which I can work with my university to help provide women seeking abortion with better alternative options."

The NC Scholarship for Life was first established in 2011 through the generosity of a donor who has pledged to support the scholarship each year.  Last year's recipient was Christina Geradts, also a student at UNC-CH and the current President of the Students for Life at UNC-CH.


No comments:

Post a Comment